28.10.05

Wickedy-wick!

I am aging like a fine wine. Getting older is the business, and any cunt that whines about it has fulfilled their obligations viz a viz their total cuntitude. I just feel more grounded, which is puzzling since the world around me gets more abstract by the day - Michael Jackson's face for example. Since I am a solitary fucker who has lived halfway round the world from home for the last few years, I am out of the loop. Un-privied. On a disconnect. You're breaking up. Lost signaled. Away with the faeries. The last time I talked to my nephew, he was raving about a PS2 game. PS2 can burn in hell. X-Box is yer man. Anyway, he was like, "The game is beef, man, totally beef". My heart swelled with pride as I experienced juvenile slang I had never heard before - I was officially an old cunt. I bet I could thrash the little prick's ass at Tony Hawk though.

Although I probably won't frolic in this mortal coil for too much longer, since I've fucked my body flatter than hammered shit, and continue to do so, I am relishing the whole shebang more and more. There's a wonderful freeing from the shackles of doubt. I still call myself a cunt fifty times a day, but now it's with an affectionate, doting inflection, because, really, who gives a flying fuck? This is not to say I am subscribing to any post-modernist cack that cannot posit any notion worth dwelling on. Any chance? Piss on that. No, it's that as you shuffle through the years, you grow into yourself, hopefully, and heart-thumping fear subsides, and you can start ordering cunts about, confident in your seniority.

I, for one, have realized I am the most unambitious geezer. I have the aspirations of a mule. I don't want anything. Apart from not to be murdered, which would fucking suck.

Did you know that 70% of the universe is made up of dark matter, and scientists don't have a fucking clue what dark matter is? That, my friends, is what it's all about.
Sirrah!

"Wake up in the morning, I sip my cup, eyes get red, noone to help me". Bob Marley

11 Comments:

At 7:02 pm, Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

listening to bob right now as it happens. "soul shakedown party".

whilst you are talking about dark matter and we were on the adams stuff...

"The other thing that comes out of that vision of the Universe is that it turns out to be composed almost entirely and rather worryingly, of nothing. Wherever you look there is nothing, with occasional tiny, tiny little specks of rock or light. But nevertheless, by watching the way these tiny little specks behave in the vast nothingness, we begin to divine certain principles, certain laws, like gravity and so forth. So that was, if you like, the macroscopic view of the universe, which came from the first age of sand.

The next age of sand is the microscopic one. We put glass lenses into microscopes and started to look down at the microscopic view of the Universe. Then we began to understand that when we get down to the sub-atomic level, the solid world we live in also consists, again rather worryingly, of almost nothing and that wherever we do find something it turns out not to be actually something, but only the probability that there may be something there.

http://www.biota.org/people/douglasadams/

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

Pure genius, my man.

 
At 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un-privied? You mean you don't even have an outhouse?

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

I fucking knew that was coming.

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger LindyK said...

But being murdered couldn't suck for that long, could it?! I mean, it would only suck until you're dead, in theory, right? After that, we have no idea what it is, to borrow a phrase...

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

I don't know. It just seems an incredible load of suckage in a very short space of time. Being murdered, I mean. I would prefer the old Death by a Thousand Cuts anyday, since at least it's self-inflicted.

 
At 12:25 pm, Blogger LindyK said...

I'm not debating that it'd be a lot of suckage (being murdered, that is), I'm just suggesting it'd be temporary suckage... (not that that makes it any better)

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

Lyndyk, you are correct. I've no idea about what, since we seem to have wandered into the abstract realm, but fuck it. I think we all agree we should stay away from suckage, as it undoubtedly fucking sucks.

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger LindyK said...

Abstract stuff is great... or something like that, I'm lost too (wouldn't be the first time, I've a habit of wandering off). But definitely with you on being anti-suckage. Your blog decidedly does *not* suck...

 
At 10:08 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

Lyndyk - coming from such a cerebral gal as yourself, praise indeed. You are maven of literature, and also, it appears, of diplomacy. My blog doesn't suck! I hold my head up high. Especially for you: Oscar Wilde. Martin Amis. They rule my world. Kingsley, however, can fuck right off. I hate the cunt.

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger LindyK said...

Thanks for all the compliments, Brewski, but I'm not sure I deserve them! Wilde is brilliant, as is Amis... but you're right about Kingsley, I'm not too big a big fan either. I'm a big Vonnegut fan, but that's another story... Anyrate, I'll add you to my list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home