30.1.06

I need a good fucking slap


The Brewski of old is no more. A life-changing, momentous loss that suspends reality, the world slowed and you drifting through a haze of disbelief, terrified. A chasm opened. I am a small boy again. She was taken by fire, and in these early days I find myself sometimes flinching when I light my cigarette lighter, and I double-check gas ovens.

She used to call me her 'wandering star'. In her more worried moments, she would call me 'a ship without an anchor'. In the latter she was of course mistaken. She, and her wonderful house, was my anchor.

So anyway I thought torturing you with shite would be therapeutic, so on with the wellies you cunts.

I am back in England, where I haven't been longer than two months in the last ten years. Am I freaked out you say? What are you, some sort of cunt? Of course I am! It is colder than a witches teat, and this morning in Tescos people thought my mate was leading a spastic around, such was my beatific, serene smile engendered by the splendour of the foodstuffs on display. I am in cuisine-fucking-heaven my friend. Who knew Tescos could do that to a man?

Here's a bullet point, hit it with a hammer: England is fat as fuck. Fat fat fat fat fat. Fuck. Unbelievable. Of course I've been reading the obesity stats rocketing up in most developed countries, but to come back and see that shit is fucked in the head. Get a grip you .....aaargh there's no other word for it fat fuck!

There's a lot to be said for denying oneself what one considers to be wicked for an extended period of time, since coming back to it rules the world. It also shows you how to be a person of simple pleasures. Give us a kiss.

Honestly you wouldn't believe how abstract everything is. I keep speaking Chinese to shopkeepers. Being shocked when a geezer in the pub holds the door open and says, "yooaalright mate?" I consider the air in the middle of London to be fresh and clean. Noone stares at me. I look feverishly in every direction before crossing a quiet road, expecting a random dopey scooter to come from anywhere. I keep slapping myself thinking I felt a mosquito. And the water goes down the plug-hole the wrong way.

I just wrote a whole two paragraphs with no profanity. Told you I needed a slap.

I have satisified most of my immediate longings upon return, just earlier I had roast lamb, roast spuds, gravy etc., after a wait of four years. I have fucking lived my friend. I have discovered 'surf and turf', something of which I had never heard. I'm sure my pleasure is unholy. I am punishing the one they call 'Guinness', Christ Almighty is there nothing better than a pint of the black and a Jameson's. No there isn't, you doubting fuck. Sitting in a familiar 600-year-old pub of an afternoon getting right langered, in my humble opinion, should polish everyone's peanut.

However, notwithstanding, and that's as maybe, no comment, and how's yer father. God give me strength.

Love life my friend, and all the strange turns she takes. If you do not, I will track you down and duff you the fuck up. And it's your round, cocksucker.

Sirrah!

"Oh Jesus. Oh fuck me. No. Fuck. No." Me, every 30 seconds. Fuck.

16 Comments:

At 6:20 am, Blogger Raoul Djukanovic said...

in these early days I find myself sometimes flinching when I light my cigarette lighter

Lucky you. I was denied this pleasure by the goons at Gatwick, who confiscated mine because Homeland Security classes them as weapons. I flinched and the bastards threatened to deport me. I hadn't even left my own country yet either.

If you think you've seen fat, get yourself over the Atlantic. Still, at least the obesity of the average punter means you get more space on the plane to compensate for the ball of stodge they leave in your stomach.

 
At 6:43 am, Blogger Andraste said...

Welcome back, Brewski. We missed you.

Now, get back on the profanity wagon, you cretin.

SHITPISSFUCKCUNTWANK.

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger Philip said...

Instead of a slap, how about a tag?

 
At 8:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Fucky,sorry for your troubles.

 
At 8:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blissful post, Brewski, very evocative! Am usually a lurker, but read you regularly, so welcome back. Can you one day, when you are ready, tell us what happened with your mum?

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Foot Eater said...

Hit the ground running there, Brew. Welcome back, you old bastard. Now get yourself over to Blunt Cogs and create a character.

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

welcome back mate.

i went away for a while and know what you mean about the strangeness of shit when you get back.

and yes, people are too fat. i don't mean to be nasty about it but if you go abroad to some of the developing world, you really don't see obesity. if you do, it is once in a blue fucking moon.

another example, not of what we have gained in the west but what we have lost

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

welcome back mate.

i went away for a while and know what you mean about the strangeness of shit when you get back.

and yes, people are too fat. i don't mean to be nasty about it but if you go abroad to some of the developing world, you really don't see obesity. if you do, it is once in a blue fucking moon.

another example, not of what we have gained in the west but what we have lost

 
At 3:22 am, Blogger The Mayor said...

Welcome back, you were completely fucking missed, I checked everyday to see if you were here!

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger LindyK said...

Brewski, you're back! And you're so unfoulmouthed... aah well, at least you're back! Ain't it nice to be missed?!

 
At 7:38 pm, Blogger El Barbudo said...

Good to see you back.

Fucked up, bizzare, twisted humour is often a good outlet. One of the few things I agree with footeater about is that you should get over to Blunt Cogs, create yourself a character and start writing cartoon strips. It can be quite cathartic. E-mail me or Kim if you need help figuring out what the fuck it's all about

 
At 7:47 pm, Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Yes, good to see you back indeed. Squeeze that fucking juice.


Oh, people who fiddle with their spectacles to emphasise why they are sacking you...utter utter cunts.

 
At 1:11 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Can't really add anything else that doesn't echo the sentiments above, so I'll just be unoriginal and say that it's good to have you back Brewski... You were truly missed.

 
At 6:58 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Sorry to do this, Brewski, but you're about the only one around who hasn't already been done.... m'boy, you've just been tagged......
http://averagetosser.blogspot.com/2006/02/im-it-apparently.html

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

Cheers all for the 'welcome back' messages, gives me a bit of a hard-on to be quite honest. I appear to have been tagged twice, by Philip and Binty, the cunts. Fuck you very much, but I ain't playing. Firstly cuz every other cunt has done it, secondly cuz it's shite. Stick it up your arse. Have I spoken? Yes I fucking have.

 
At 11:48 pm, Blogger Philip said...

Come on, you know you want to really.

uazhn - Mediaeval Albanian for "come on, you know you want to really."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home