24.11.05

Moore's Law. Fucking hell!

Technology. A right head-doer or what? I'm constantly fucking dumbfounded by it, as I'm quite the innocent in that regard. Dumb as a box of rocks in fact. I like it that way however, since I'm constantly pleasantly surprised by it, like a retard re-learning how to use a spoon everyday. Every morning, after twenty minutes of throwing cereal and milk around the kitchen, he finally directs the spoon to his cake-hole. "Well fuck me!", he thinks to himself. "These spoon things are the business!".

In about 1991 my mate Steve was the first one of my friends to get a cell phone, being, as he was, a wide-boy. He came to my apartment one afternoon and we smoked a chunky cone, resulting in the raging munchies. He went to the local shop to get some chocolate-chip cookies. Mmmm. He left the phone on the living-room floor. It was an early model of course, the size of a brick in a sinister black leather case. While he was gone, fuck me sideways but the fucking thing rang, chirping like an asphyxiated chirping thing. The screen and keypad glowed Blade Runner-green. I jumped, regarding it with wonder and suspicion. I circled it cautiously. "But how?", I thought. "There's no fucking wires or cables or anything. This is sorcery and magic!" I felt like intoning a spell to ward off evil or some shit. Eventually I steeled myself and picked it up. After pushing all the buttons, swearing and giving it a good shake, the chirping stopped. I've loved technology and it's astronomical development ever since, apart from those 'Dance, Dance' machines you find in amusement arcades. Those are for cunts!

Sirrah!

"Jumping Jesus, Holy cow, what's the difference anyhow"? David Gray

10 Comments:

At 2:37 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

First time I came across one of them mobile phones I was at 6th form in the cafe and there was this endless ringing that wouldn't stop...... eventually this bloke who was visiting the school took the brick out of his cordrouy jacket pocket, blushing bright rouge as the entire student population pointed at him and laughed.

Oh, how times have changed!

 
At 5:04 pm, Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I have an irrational hatred of those who use the ones that stick to your ear. The people who use them do not look like the young hepcats in the adverts, they are always old ugly munters who should know better.

VWord today is uskur, a republic of the former Soviet Union. I think I've been there.

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger the anti-barney said...

Fair play to you Brewski,I can just
about work the controls of the mot's vibrator.

 
At 10:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate all mobile phones. Some people may have an excuse for using the things, but mostly they serve to ensure that the inane conversations of the verbally deficient are ever less confined in location, length and volume.

Word Verification is bvsrwrp, one of my favourite novelty ringtones.

 
At 11:16 pm, Blogger Brewski said...

Philip, you are one eloquent cunt. You are also correct! I have diligently applied myself in the last few years to picking up as little as possible of the native language, expressly because cunts talk shit if you can understand them.

 
At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, thank you. Did I mention that I hate mobile phones?

 
At 7:04 am, Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

i just break them. 1st 1 i had my ex girfriend and aunt conspired to get me. so i waited long enough so that it didn't seem ungrateful and dropped it down 5 flights of stairs.

my mate thought it was an accident so he gave me an old one. i got drunk at a party and microwaved it (that was fun). next one i dropped into a glass of water and that time it was a genuine accident.

this one i have broken the screen already but i am sure it will meet a sticky end at some point.

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Microwaved it!? Fucking excellent.... I got to try that shit!

Verification word - ciunnism. I'm sure that's it the karma sutra.

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger Brewski said...

I don't fucking trust microwaves either. That shit is not natural.

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger Andraste said...

My first ever mobile phone wasn't huge, but it was heavy. A piece of shite by Erikkson. First day out with it, I went to a Bruins game and when I jumped up to celebrate a goal, the thing jumped out of my pocket and into a beer that was UNDER my seat and way back against the level platform. I could never make that shot again, in a million years. Anyway, I know I shouldn't have drunk that beer after that. I was glow in the dark for a few days and I'm probably infertile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home